Below is some inspiration on what types of events/activities/community projects are encouraged for VILLAGE DAYS. But do not let this limit you. Be creative.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page to submit your event.
Crescent Heights Village Days celebrates the people and places in Crescent Heights. Over the month of June a variety of gatherings will occur in Crescent Heights. Some of these events are organized by Crescent Heights Community Association, and many more are organized by residents, businesses and organizations based in Crescent Heights.
The main goal of each event is to safely gather residents (online or in-person) of Crescent Heights and have residents explore the neighbourhood while developing a deeper connection to the people who live or work within our community.
The Village Days Planning Guide is packed with examples of community event/project ideas along with a step-by-step instruction guide to having a successful event. Please note that many of these can not be used while we are currently in COVID-19 restrictions. Please use proper judgment when considering organizing any of these events.
Download the VILLAGE DAYS PLANNING GUIDE here.
Where can gatherings happen?
- Your street
- Your front yard
- Your house
- The common area of your apartment
- A local park
- At/With a business
- Helps demonstrate your commitment to the community you do business in.
- Promotes connections in the community
- Opportunity for you to get to know residents of the area.
- At/With a non profit
- Strengthen and promote your mission .
- Meet your strategic goals.
- Use Village Days as a communication and distribution channel for your programs and services.
- Use Village Days to recruit supporters, volunteers, board members and staff.
- Gain visibility and recognition among the community you are situated in.
- Enhance your image as a leader in building social capital and increasing civic participation.
We invite you to submit your event to be included in the Village Days Programming & Events Calendar.